Social media is an easy, cheap tool to use to help generate interest for your business. In order for you to have a successful business, people have to know about it. Not just your customers, but other businesses in your industry. Here are some tips on how to get started.
- Like and/or follow other businesses in your area, businesses in your industry, local and national news sources, prominent public figures/celebrities, and your competition.
- Retweet, favorite, like, repin, and comment on posts relating to your business.
- Sign up for Google Alerts. (Not only for your business, but other topics relating to it)
- Join in on Twitter chat parties relating to your business.
- Put your website link in your social media posts. (This helps with SEO)
It’s important to follow and interact with others because it prompts their followers to check out your business, and it’s a great way for you to see what others are posting. Your social media platforms should not only inform others about your business, but what’s happening in the industry. Google Alerts is a great tool to use to stay on top of news in the industry or any mentions of your business. Participating in chats allows you to connect with other professionals and tell them about your business. Social media is a stepping stone to bring your consumer closer to visiting your website or business. If you do these steps, you will see an increase in followers, activity, and interest.
What are some social media tips you have to help generate interest in a business? What’s worked? Not worked?