When you are working in sales, it can be rough. Your salary relies on commission, and your sales can be very unpredictable. Scary! Plus, you can have very bad days with cancellations, no’s, unsatisfied clients and failing sales pitches. Oh, and you are extremely broke the first 6 months of starting.
It’s time to focus on the positive! There are a lot of perks with media sales. It’s not all bad!
- Keep up with the town’s news, current events, and drama
- Always know “where” to go for “what”
- Know the owner of your favorite hangout spots
- Receive perks with trade. (I have a free gym membership)
- Free tickets to theater, sporting, and recreational events
- People offer you free food or drinks during a meeting in a restaurant
- Learn about the latest products, deals, events, and sales before they happen
- Know the newest construction projects and business openings
- Go to person for advertising and marketing
- People assume you are a marketing genius
- Everyday is different
See. There are plenty of perks that come with a high pressure media sales job. Just stay positive and embrace the moment. Good things will come.