The holidays are approaching! You’re probably excited for the upcoming break with friends or family, but it’s not time to check out of the office yet. This is the time for client appreciation.
If you’re in the marketing/public relations field, you are finishing up campaign and advertising plans for the upcoming year. As things slow down, you can focus on client appreciation. Why is this important?
- Remind clients that they are always a priority
- You care more about the client than their money
- To help continue building a relationship with that client
- Give them a reason to brag about you
- Reward your loyal clients
- And lastly, to spread holiday cheer!
I am sure that there are even more prevalent reasons that I haven’t listed, but you can understand why this is important. There are many different ways you can show your appreciation.
- Holiday Cards (I am sending these out to current and potential clients)
- Baked Goods
- Gift Baskets
- Floral Arrangements (I delivered Poinsettia’s)
- Tickets to Events (I gave some clients Callaway Gardens’ Fantasy in Lights Tickets)
These are just a few ways to show your appreciation to your clients. Doing some of these simple things can benefit you professionally and make you feel even better about yourself!
Here’s a little inspiration for you to spread some holiday cheer! Happy Holidays!