Within a month of working for Tiger Communications (a group of local radio stations), I was asked to manage the twitter account for 99.9 KateFM, a variety hits station in the Auburn/Opelika, Alabama area. I was not only flattered, but I was excited to put some of my social media knowledge to use. The twitter account didn’t have a large number of followers, wasn’t tweeting consistently, and all tweets were identical messages. I came up with some goals for the next four months to help me increase the number of followers, improve the KateFM brand, and bring more personality to the twitter account.
November 2012-Feburary 2013
- Increase number of followers by 75% on February 28, 2013. (220 followers to 385 followers)
- Have at least one Twitter giveaway promotion each month. (Total of 4)
- Increase interaction between followers and tweets by 10%. (Total of 10 per 100 tweets)
- Increase the number of KateFM Facebook friends by 15%. (4,453 friends to 4,899 friends)
- Include fun tweets regarding 70s, 80s, and 90s fads/trends/quotes alongside station information based tweets.
I plan on using Hootsuite to help me schedule tweets and to keep track of mentions and messages. The platform allows you to monitor multiple things on twitter or multiple social media accounts. I highly recommend this website to anyone that is or will be managing social media accounts for a business.
It is very important to research, evaluate, and set goals for any business social media account that way you can measure what is and what isn’t working. Plus, it’s a way to show your boss what you have accomplished! 🙂
What are some tips that you can give me?