It is the middle of semester, and everyone is going crazy! For example, my events class has a huge event taking place this week called the Georgia Theater Conference. Today, I took the time to observe what is going on: groups fighting and people freaking out. Most people say this is a part of event planning, but I am a firm believer that is doesn’t have to be this way. Things get crazy, but if you keep your sanity you can problem solve effectively and keep your team working together efficiently. In spirit of these events, and my lack of time this week, I decided to give some tips to help you keep your cool.
- It isn’t the end of the world! If something goes wrong, don’t dwell on it! Focus your time on solving the issue.
- Someone driving you nuts? It may be time for you to step away for a moment. In high pressured situations, people can really get on your nerves. If you are to that breaking point, step away for a second. Try to take on a task that requires you to be away from that person during that time.
- Client keeps changing their mind. This can be very frustrating. When this happens, keep a smile, and pay attention to the changes and their details. Keep your cool! Never walk away or have a bad attitude. Wait until your with a close friend, let it out. AKA:Bitch!
- Everything seems out of control! Stop what you’re doing! Take a breath. Then, slowly think about what is happening. Putting things in slow motion will slow things down including your mind. This will keep you calm.
- Need to relax? Close your eyes and listen to this 10 minute relaxation video.
That’s all I got for today! I hope these tips keep you calm in the craziest event planning situations or just life.